Interesting Facts About Video Games!
Your parents may have tried to stop you from playing video games when you were a kid and of course they have their own reasons. Computer games have long been treated as hazards for the health. You can find plenty of articles on the Internet and magazines saying about the relationship between video games and your health. Plenty of them might discuss the negative impact of video games but there have also been several facts touting the health benefits of gaming.
Here are 7 facts that may surprise you on how playing video games can be beneficial for you:-
- Makes Your Brain More Active – Studies have shown that playing video games boost visualization ability which means mentally rotating and manipulating two or three-dimensional objects. German researchers also conducted a study to better understand the impact of video games on the brain. As per the study, playing games like Super Mario increases those regions in your brain that are responsible for memory formation, spatial orientation and strategic planning.
- May Keep Your Mind Young – Video games can be an effective
With less than 2 months before Call of Duty Black Ops 3 officially gets released, hype continues to brew up for the annually released FPS game from Activision as it remains to be one of the most anticipated games in the US.
Earlier this month, Call of Duty Black Ops 3 held its ground as the most anticipated ‘top 10 games to buy next’ in the US according to insight group Nielsen. As of this September 19, however, the title has slinked to the 2nd spot with Fallout 4 reigning in the top. Here are the “Top 10 Games” that gamers in the US want to buy next according to Nielsen:
- Fallout 4
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III
- Fifa 16
- Star Wars: Battlefront
- NBA 2K16
- Halo 5: Guardians
- Madden NFL 16
- Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate
- Super Mario Maker
COD3 BOPS bagging the 2nd spot is still a tremendous feat for a title that gets released year-after-year compared to the Fallout series as the last titles released for the franchise was way back in 2010 (Fallout: New Vegas) and 2008 (Fallout 3). Both titles also had a big marketing push recently. Fallout took Android and iOS devices
The word cooperation is self-explanatory — two or more people working together toward a common goal or benefit.
One Texas Tech University researcher wondered about the implications of teaming up with others in video games and how this differs from playing alone, competitively, or not at all. It seems playing video games cooperatively with others can lead to widespread benefits by making players think helpful behaviors are valuable and commonplace.
John Velez, an assistant professor of journalism and electronic media in the College of Media & Communication, studied how cooperating with other players in both violent and non-violent video games extended to social situations after the controllers are put down. The results of one article suggest playing cooperatively with others can eliminate the negative effects of violent video games on players’ aggressive behaviors in the real world. Another related study demonstrated playing cooperatively with a helpful teammate in a non-violent video game not only increases pro-social or helping behaviors toward teammates but opposing team members as well.
“What we found was cooperative play seems to have the biggest effect in terms of decreasing aggression
15 Video Game Facts
- Mario was actually named after the landlord of Nintendo’s first warehouse Mr. Mario Segale. The original name of Mario was actually Mr. Video Game which ended up becoming Mr. Segale’s nickname speaking of Mario he is actually appearing in over a hundred and twenty video games.
- Pac Man was invented by the designer Toru Iwatani while he was eating pizza.
- The PlayStation was originally designed as a Nintendo Console with Sony to make the inside components when Nintendo console changed their minds about making the console Sony decided to go ahead make the PlayStation.
- The video game industry is valued at 70 Billion Dollars worldwide.
- Two-thirds of American households play games 60% are male, 40% are female.
- In 1990 game Golden Axe from SEGA was voiced entirely by prisoners on death row.Due to the popularity of the Nintendo game Mario Brothers in 1983 there was an explosion of name Mario given to children around that time.In the original Legend of Zelda game, why you could only hold 255 Rupees (gold coins)? Because the maximum value of an unsigned 8bit integer and to hold more would have required more memory which wasn’t just doable for the technology at that time.
- The most famous G
The ascent of cell phones and tablets has constrained amusement firms, for example, Disney, to plan themed toys that can wake up and construct a story around them. That is the situation for Playmation, a stage of brilliant toys that joins Disney’s prevalent movie franchises with sensors and kids’ creative energy. The main set, booked to dispatch in October, will be in light of none other than Marvel’s Avengers, while Star Wars and Frozen are anticipated that would land in 2016 and 2017, individually.
The Starter Pack we attempted elements an Iron Man glove, which lets youthful ones hear and feel what it is like to have the superhero’s forces – like his mark repulsor impact. There are likewise two figures included (Captain America, Iron Skull), and also a couple of base stations that correspond with Tony Stark’s wearable by means of IR, and can be utilized for intuitive missions.
What’s awesome about the Iron Man glove is the haptic criticism it gives, permitting you to experience a vibration each time a move is pulled off or effect is gotten. It’s well-made as well, so while it looks strong on
A wealth of studies have shown that violent video games contribute to antisocial and aggressive behavior. But what makes those games appealing in the first place? One possibility is that storytelling plays a role, particularly if it lets players engage in meaningful choices. A new study suggests that non-violent video games that capitalize on such storytelling have prosocial benefits that could ultimately be helpful to clinical disorders such as autism.
“The motivation to engage in and enjoy video games corresponds with principals that apply to human motivation in general,” says Daniel Bormann of the University of Freiburg. “For instance, successful game franchises offer players a spectrum of meaningful choices to shape the game’s narrative and environment, provide carefully balanced challenges, or encourage players to experience social connectedness and meaningful social interactions.” Research has suggested that the satisfaction of those needs results not only greater motivation to play but also enhanced well-being and a more immersive experience.
Bormann and his colleague Tobias Greitemeyer wanted to explore this concept further, to see whether storytelling fosters immersion and changes how players are able to assess the mental states of others (called “theory of mind”). Immersion, Bormann says, “is characterized by an experience